The General Directorate of Protocol and Public Relations at the Lebanese Presidency of the Republic issued a memorandum on Thursday, in coordination with the Protocol Departments of the Parliament and the Council of Ministers, which included a program to honor the men of independence, on the occasion of the 78th anniversary, by laying wreaths at their tombs in the name of the “Lebanese Republic” on Sunday, November 21, according to the following:
– Statue of President Bechara El-Khoury on Bechara El-Khoury Street: Minister Henry Khoury at 10:00 am.
– Tomb of President Camille Chamoun in Deir El Qamar: Minister Hector Hajjar at 11:30 am.
– Tomb of President Fouad Chehab in Ghazir: Minister Maurice Sleem at 10:00 am.
– Tomb of Speaker Sabri Hamadeh in Hermel: Minister Ali Hamieh at 11:00 am.
– Tomb of Premier Adel Oseiran in the Al-Bawaba Al-Fawqa cemetery in Sidon: Minister Youssef El-Khalil at 11:00 am.
– Tomb of Premier Riad El Solh in Ouzai: Minister Abbas Halabi at 10:00 am.
– Tomb of Premier Abdel Hamid Karami in Tripoli: Minister Bassam Mawlawi at 10:00 am.
– Tomb of Premier Saeb Salam in the cemetery of the martyr in the locality of Qasqas: Minister Nasser Yassin at 10:30 am.
– Tomb of Premier Rafic Hariri in Martyrs’ Square: Minister Bassam Mawlawi at 12:00 pm.
– Tomb of Speaker Habib Abu Shahla in Mar Elias Butina: Minister Walid Fayad at 11:00 am.
– Tomb of Minister Salim Takla in Zouk Mikael: Minister Walid Nassar at 11:30 am.
– Tomb of Prince Majid Arslan in Khalde: Minister Mustafa Bayram at 10:30 am.
– Tomb of Minister Hamid Franjieh in Ehden: Minister Johnny Korm at 11:00 am.
– Statue of Sheikh Pierre Gemayel in Bikfaya: Minister Georges Boujikian at 11:00 am.
– Tomb of the late Adnan al-Hakim in Bachoura: Minister Amin Salam at 9:30 am.
– Minister Issam Sharaf El-Din will visit at 11:30 am the same day the Independence House in Bchamoun, while MP Kassem Hashem will visit Rashaya Castle at 11:30 am.
On Monday, November 22, the Minister of National Defense, Maurice Sleem, will lay a wreath in the name of the “Lebanese Republic” on the base of the statue of Prince Fakhreddine at the Ministry of National Defense in Yarzeh at 11:00 am.
Minister Abbas Halabi will lay a wreath in front of the memorial plaque in the locality of Zarif, where President Rene Moawad was martyred, at 2:00 pm.
Deputy Prime Minister, His Excellency Saade Chami, will lay a wreath at the tomb of the martyr of independence Said Fakhreddine in Ain Enoub, at 11:00 am on Monday, November 22.