The General Directorate of the Internal Security Forces (ISF) Public Relations Division reported that as a result of intensive investigations the patrols of the Information Division of the ISF were able to reveal the identity of members of an organized network, including those who smuggle drugs from Bekaa to Beirut to distribute it within the Mount Lebanon Governorate, and the identity of some of their customers has also been identified, and they are:
– M.A (born in 1979, Lebanese) Distributor
– J.E (born in 1960, Lebanese) Distributor
– H.S (born 1987, Egyptian) merchant and promoter
– H.S (born in 1992, Lebanese)
– A.I (born in 1988, Lebanese)
– M.D (born in 2000, Syrian)
– I.S (born in 2005, Syrian)
The General Directorate announced in a statement that, after careful monitoring and control, the Division’s patrols carried out tight raids, which resulted in the arrest of the first in Mar Mikhael, who was in the process of transporting drugs from the Bekaa to Beirut for distribution to promoters, and the second in Furn El Chebbak, who was promoting drugs. The third, fourth and fifth detainees in the localities of Furn El Chebbak and Dekwaneh, and the last two in the locality of Bourj Hammoud on a motorcycle that was seized.
Searches resulted in the seizure of a large quantity of drugs intended for promotion, including cocaine, hashish, salvia and crystals, in addition to cell phones and sums of money.
By interrogating them, they confessed:
– The first and the second by transporting quantities of drugs from Baalbek to Beirut and handing them over to the promoters.
– The third sold and promoted drugs about four months ago in the locality of Furn El Chebbak, and that he obtained them from the aforementioned distributors.
– The rest are drug users.
According to the statement, the arrested people, along with the seized items, was handed over to the concerned unit, to carry out the legal requirements against him, based on the reference of the competent judiciary.