Middle East Airlines-Air Liban informs its passengers that beginning August 6, 2021, all travelers arriving in Lebanon as a final destination must adhere to the following rules:
Passengers that are subject to mandatory hotel quarantine:
All Passengers arriving from UK, Cyprus, Turkey, Brazil ,United Arab Emirates, Iraq, India, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zambia, Liberia, Kenya, Gambia and Sierra leone ( not transiting through these countries) to Lebanon must have hotel booking at their own expenses, for 4 days / 3nights in one of the following hotels. Passengers not having a hotel booking in one of the hotels mentioned below will not be allowed travel.
Exemptions from Hotel Quarantine:
– Nationals and foreign diplomats with their families are exempted from hotel quarantine but they must keep quarantine for 4 days at their places of Residence.
– Passengers who have received one dose of any Covide-19 vaccine (no matter when).
– Passengers traveling by land to Syria through BRHIA.
– Arriving minors under the age of 18 years whether accompanied or unaccompanied.
– Passengers who were infected and cured from COVID19 within 90 days before their departure date provided showing an official document confirming that.
Mandatory PCR test prior arrival to Lebanon:
All passengers arriving to Lebanon , except children under the age of 12 years, must hold PCR negative test result from one of the certified laboratories by local authorities at point of departure and present test result with QR code upon check in. Negative test result validity must not exceed 96 hours between the test result and the date of arrival to Lebanon.
Passengers who do not carry a negative PCR test result with QR code are not allowed to board.
Exemptions from mandatory PCR test prior arrival:
– Passengers who have received the second dose of Covid-19 vaccine minimum two weeks from before departure.
– Passengers who have received a complete dose of Covid-19 vaccine (which is formed of one dose) minimum 2 weeks before their departure to Lebanon.
– Passengers who were infected and cured from Covid-19 within 90 days before their departure date after showing an official document confirming that.
NOTE: All passengers arriving to Lebanon, except children under the age of 12 years and UNIFIL, shall undergo PCR test upon arrival at Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport.