SAWT BEIRUT INTERNATIONAL

| 18 May 2024, Saturday |

[PHOTOS] Fire breaks out due to gas leak in Beirut

A fire broke out on Saturday in Beirut’s Tariq al-Jadideh, Afif al-Tibi Street, due to gas leak and a loud sound was heard, the Beirut Municipality – Public Relations Department said.

“A loud sound was heard in the vicinity of Tariq al-Jadideh area – Afif al-Tibi Street – today at noon, and therefore a Beirut fire brigade force rushed to the place,” the department said.

“Upon arrival, the fire was raging in the 7th floor of the ‘Landmark’ building, Block B, specifically in one of the balconies of the kitchen,” it said, noting that the brigade’s men extinguished the fire and prevented it from spreading to the whole apartment’s sections.

“Three gas cylinders were taken out of the place. It turned out that the incident is due to a gas leak which caused the fire to break out along with a loud sound resulting from the force of pressure.”

No casualties were reported at all, only material damage.

    Source:
  • Sawt Beirut International