PM Diab signs regulations approved during Parliament session on June 30
Lebanon's caretaker Prime Minister Hassan Diab
Hassan Diab, the caretaker Prime Minister, signed the laws passed by Parliament in its session on Wednesday, June 30, 2021, which were referred to the presidency of the Council of Ministers by Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri after they were signed, and to the Presidency of the Republic to be issued by the President of the Republic, General Michel Aoun, after they were signed:
- The statute authorizing the signing of a defense cooperation agreement between the Governments of the Lebanese Republic and the Federal Republic of Brazil.
- The law authorizing Lebanon’s signing of an agreement with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.
- The law on asking consent for the signing of an agreement between the Governments of the Lebanese Republic and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to establish aviation services between their respective regions and beyond.
- The law on approving the conclusion of a cooperation agreement between the Republic of Lebanon and the Republic of Armenia.
- The law on approving the Lebanese government’s accession to the agreement establishing the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- The law on amending articles from Part One, Chapter I, of Legislative Decree No. 102 dated 16/09/1983 and its amendments (National Defense Law).
- The law on requesting approval of the conclusion of an economic and technical cooperation agreement between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of the Republic of Lebanon.
- The law on establishing a syndicate of psychologists in Lebanon.
- The law on approving the electronic ration card and opening an exceptional additional credit for its financing.
- The law on amending Articles 4 and 5 of the Law dated 25/04/1999 and amended by Law No. 112 dated 26/05/2000 (amending some provisions of Legislative Decree No. 77/118 dated 30/6/1977 – Municipalities Law).
- The law on amending the law establishing veterinarians’ profession in Lebanon (Law No. 479 dated 8/12/1995)
- The law on amending Law No. 28 of February 10, 2017 (Right to Information Law).
- The law on giving retirement pensions, compensation and benefits to the families of workers in the health and hospital sectors.
- The law on calculating the hours of contractors in the educational sector in light of the coronavirus pandemic, according to the hours stipulated in the contracts.
- The law on amending an article of the law protecting juveniles in conflict with the law or at risk.
- The law relating to public procurement in Lebanon.
- The law relating to the suspension of legal, judicial and contractual deadlines and the suspension of debt installments.
- The law on amending Law No. 478 (Determining the Minimum Job Classification for Vocational and Technical Education Certificates).
- The law on obliging insurance companies operating in Lebanon to pay part of the money resulting from all guarantee contracts as new money.
- The law on adding a paragraph to Article 6 of Law No. 194 / 2020 (Protecting areas affected by Beirut Port’s Blast and supporting their reconstruction).
- The law on subjecting all recipients of government subsidies for US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currencies for external forensic auditing.
- The law on exempting public motorized vehicles designated for external transport from mechanical fees for a period of one year.
- The law on delaying the dismissal of colonels in the Army and all security forces, who were issued decrees placing them on the promotion schedule as of 1-1-2020 or whose names were registered with the Lebanese Army Command during the same period, until they reach the age of 58.
- The law on extending the lease contracts of non-residential built places concluded before 23/07/1992.