The proposed government formation presented by designated Prime Minister Saad Hariri to President Michel Aoun on 09/12/2020.
Abdo Romanos Gerges – Ministry of Education (Maronite)
- 1972 BA in Biology from the American University, Beirut
- 1974 MA in Human Morphology and Immunology from the American University of Beirut
- PhD in human morphology from the American University of Beirut in 1976
Researcher in cancer cell biology at the National Cancer Center in the United States 1978-1980
- 1976-1978 American University of Beirut – Department of Human Morphology – Instructor
1978-1980 National Institutes of Health Institute – Inter Fogarty. Fellow of the National Cancer Institute, USA – Visiting Scientist
980-1985 American University of Beirut – Department of Human Morphology – Assistant Professor
- 1985-2001 American University of Beirut – Department of Human Morphology – Associate Professor
- 2001-present American University of Beirut – Department of Human Morphology – Professor
- 1985-1991 Lebanese University – Faculty of Medical Sciences – Faculty of Medicine – Academic
Part-time Coordinator, Professor and Head of the Basic Sciences Department
- 1986-1987 Saint Joseph University – Faculties of Medical Sciences – College of Medicine and College of Dentistry – Visiting Professor of Anatomy
- 1996-1997 George Washington University – College of Medicine and Health Sciences – Department
- Anatomy and Cell Biology – sabbatical
- 1997-present George Washington University – College of Medicine and Health Sciences – Department of Anatomy and Regenerative Biology – Assistant Professor
- 2010 – present University of Palermo, Sicily, Italy – Faculty of Medicine and Surgery – Department of Biomedical Sciences and Clinical Neurology – Assistant Professor
Antoine Eid Qalimos – Ministry of Defense (Maronite
– He received his elementary, complementary and secondary sciences at Al-Hikma School in Beirut, where he obtained a baccalaureate degree, the second section – the branch of philosophy in 1965.
He obtained two licenses in French and Lebanese law from Saint Joseph University in Beirut, where in 1968 he was elected Secretary General of its Law Students’ Association.
He joined the Beirut Bar Association in 1969, where he graduated with the law firm of Dean Raymond Edde.
– In 1973, he opened his own office for advocacy and legal advice, where a large number of lawyers were trained.
– In 1987 he was elected a member of the Beirut Bar Council and re-elected for two more terms in 1989 and 1992, where he was treasurer and delegate of the Palace of Justice.
In 1997, he was elected president of lawyers in Beirut, and his mandate was distinguished by the defense of public freedoms and human rights, as well as the strong and transparent relationship between the judiciary and the legal profession.
In 2010, he was elected a member of the Executive Council of the Maronite League.
In March 2016, he was elected president of the Maronite League.
Member of the University of Al-Hikma and Veterans Scouts in it, in addition to his previous membership in the Administrative Committee of Al-Hikma Sports Club in 1972.
Fadi Albert Samaha – Ministry of Communications (Catholic)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Texas in the United States
- Chairman and CEO of Site Technology Group
- General Manager for Industry at the Ministry of Industry 2002-2005
- Vice Chairman of the Hashema Factories in Lebanon 1997-2002
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Settinvest Holding in Lebanon 1997-2002
- Director of a department at Medeast Data Systems in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar 1987-1989
- Treasurer of the Greek Catholic Supreme Council
- Member of the Roman Catholic Patriarchal Economic Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Greek Catholic Charitable Society in Beirut
Fadia Kiwan – Minister of Culture (Maronite)
Director General of the Arab Women Organization for the period 2018-2022
- Former professor of political science at the Jesuit University, Beirut
- Director of Graduate Studies at the Jesuit University, Beirut 2000-2015
Director and founder of the Political Science Foundation at the Jesuit University, Beirut 2002-2014
- Adviser to the Minister of Education 1990-1992
- Adviser to the Minister of Culture 1992-1996
- Appointed as a consultant to the World Bank, UNESCO, the United Nations Development Project (UNDP), the United Nations Population Fund, the Arab Women Organization, and the ESCWA
- Appointed as a member of the United Nations University Committee by the Director General of UNESCO and the Secretary-General of the United Nations 2007-2013
- Chair of the National Committee for UNESCO 2002-2004
Firas Al Abyad – Ministry of Health (Sunna)
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Rafic Hariri Hospital since 2015
- Gastrointestinal Surgeon at the American University of Beirut Medical Center since 2010
- Consultant general surgery at the Specialized Medical Center Hospital between 2001 and 2011
Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the American University of Beirut in 1993
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the American University of Beirut in 2013
Ibrahim Shahrour – Ministry of Public Labor and Transport (Shiites)
- Born in Beirut in 1964
- Doctor of Civil Engineering from INSA University in Lyon, France
- He was awarded the Scientific Research Prize in France in 1991 for his doctoral thesis
- Director of Programs in the Council for Development and Reconstruction
- Contributed to developing a comprehensive plan for arranging land use
- In Lebanon, and in setting up public investment programs.
- Member of the Supreme Council for Urban Planning.
Jihad Mortada – Ministry of Administrative Development + Tourism (Shiites)
- Ambassador of Lebanon to the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Ambassador of Lebanon to the Kingdom of Belgium and the Duchy of Luxembourg
- Lebanon’s ambassador to the European Union
- Secretary of Lebanon to the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Lebanon’s ambassador to Argentina
- Held diplomatic positions in:
- Austria – and at international organizations in Vienna
- Cairo – Lebanon’s permanent delegate to the League of Arab States
- State of Qatar
Joe Sadi – Ministry of Energy and Water (Greek Orthodox)
- Lebanese businessman
- More than 25 years of experience in consulting
- President of Strategy’s company since 2014
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Booz & Company between 2008 and 2014
- Senior Vice President of Booz Allen Hamilton, between 1993 and 2008
- Bachelor’s degree from ESSEC University in France
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Cornell University in 1983
Garapet Solikhanian – Ministry of Industry + Displaced Persons (Armenian)
- General Manager of Saltek Company since 1977
- Expert in international trade
- Industry expert
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Physics
Lubna Masqawi – Ministry of Justice (Sunna)
- BA in Business Administration from Saint Joseph University in Beirut in 1990
- Bachelor of Laws from the Lebanese University in 1993
- Master’s degree in private law from Beirut Arab University in 2000
- PhD in private law from Beirut Arab University in 2005
- practicing law since 1993
- A first lecture on banking law and insurance law at the Lebanese French University in Tripoli, 2005-2009
- Professor of Banking Law and International Affairs at the Lebanese University in Tripoli since 2006
- A first lecture in international affairs law at the Arab League in Beirut 2007-2015
- A first lecture on community law at the Institute of Applied and Economic Sciences in Tripoli in 2009
Maya Kanaan – Ministry of Labor (Shiites)
- BA in economics from the American University of Beirut in 1997
- MA in Economics from the American University of Beirut in 1999
- Bachelor of Laws from the Lebanese University, Faculty of Law, 2001
- Certificate from the Institute of Judicial Studies at the Ministry of Justice in 2005
- Professor of economics at the American University of Beirut since 1999
- An apprentice judge at the Institute for Judicial Studies at the Ministry of Justice, 2002-2005
- Judge in the Legislation and Consultation Committee at the Ministry of Justice, 2005-2010
- Attorney General in the courts in Beirut 2010-2017
- A government commissioner who has been participating in the military court since 2017
Nasser Yassin – Ministry of Social Affairs + Environment (Sunna)
Director of the Issam Fares Foundation for Public Policy and International Relations between 2019 and 2020
Director of Research at the Issam Fares Foundation for Public Policy and International Relations since 2014
Professor at the College of Health Sciences since 2019
Assistant Professor at the College of Health Sciences between 2012 and 2019
- Executive Director at the Research Center on Population and Health at the American University of Beirut between 2008 and 2009
Founder of the Training Unit at the College of Health Sciences at the American University of Beirut between 2009 and 2012
- Researcher at the Green Alliance think-tank between 2004 and 2007
- Professor at the American University of Beirut in 2005
- An analyst and researcher in international cooperation in the Prime Ministerial Working Group headed by Rafik Al-Harir between 2001 and 2002
- Analyst at the United Nations Development Program, between 1997 and 2001
- Project assistant at UNICEF between 1994 and 1997
- BA from the American University of Beirut in 1993
- MA in Demographic Sciences from the Lebanese American University in Beirut in 1997
- Master of Science in Development Science from the London School of Economics in 2003
PhD in Planning Sciences from University College London in 2008
Ambassador Rabie Narsh – Foreign Affairs + Agriculture (Druze)
- Master of Public Administration.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Administrative Reform and Development, BA in Political and Administrative Sciences.
- During the period between 2000 and 2005 he completed the necessary courses for a doctorate in political science – constitutional law and public administration, and finished writing his doctoral thesis entitled “The relationship between the legislative and executive authorities within the framework of the parliamentary system” – the Lebanese University.
Diplomatic professional record:
Consul / Secretary at the Embassy of Lebanon in “Seoul” – South Korea (1999-2002)
Consul / Secretary at the Embassy of Lebanon in “Canberra” – Australia (2002-2005)
- Assigning Consul General at the Consulate General of Lebanon in “Sydney” (December 2003)
- Charged Consul General at the General Consulate of Lebanon in “Melbourne” (December 2004)
Consul / Secretary at the Embassy of Lebanon in Cairo (2005-2008)
- Member representing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates in: The National Committee to Combat Money Laundering, The National Committee to Combat Terrorist Financing, the Lebanese-Palestinian Dialogue Committee and the Committee for the Employment of Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon (2008 – 2012).
Chargé d’Affairs to the Embassy of Lebanon in “Freetown” – Sierra Leone (2009)
Director of the Secretary General’s Office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates in Beirut (2008-2010)
Head of the Palestine Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates in Beirut (2010-2012)
Chargé d’Affairs of the Embassy of Lebanon in Turkey (June 2012 – March 2013)
- Counselor at the Embassy of Lebanon in Ankara (January 2014), Chargé d’Affairs to the Embassy of Lebanon in Turkey
Ambassador-designate to India (2017), joined his duty station in New Delhi in February 2018.
- Represented Lebanon and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates in a number of multilateral conferences and international seminars and meetings at the League of Arab States and other countries.
Shami Saadeh – Economy (Greek Orthodox)
McMaster University, Ph.D. in Economic Sciences (1986)
University of Ottawa. Master of Economic Sciences (1981)
University of Ottawa. Bachelor of Economic Sciences (1980)
Chief Economist of the National Bank of Kuwait Group (2018 to date)
- Secretary General of the Lebanese Capital Markets Authority (2013 to date)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) (1993-2013)
Director, IMF – Middle East Regional Technical Assistance Center (METAC)
Assistant Director in the Middle East and Central Asia Division
Professor and Director of the Graduate School of Business at the American University of Beirut (AUB) (1987-1993)
Walid Raphael Nassar – Youth, Sports + Media (Maronite)
- Holder of a postgraduate degree in civil engineering from the University of Saint Joseph (ESIB) in 1994
- Holder of a degree in civil engineering from Saint Joseph University in Beirut in 1990
- Member of the Syndicate of Engineers in Beirut in 1991
- Holder of a certificate in quality control and company classification ISO 201 from Veritas
- Holder of a certificate in planning programming and project management from the global programming company, Oracle
- Holder of a certificate in programming the management system and maintenance of public facilities
- Holder of a certificate of application of geographic information systems (GIS) for cities and municipalities
Founder and CEO of several companies in Lebanon and in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the field of engineering, contracting and project management in 2001
Consulting and preparing special technical and technical studies for the G20 summit in November 2020
Preparing designs and a special study for Lebanon’s participation in Expo-2020 Dubai with all plans and proposals for the productive sectors in Lebanon.
- Executing projects for Saudi Aramco 2008-2015
- Management and implementation of projects for Saudi telecom companies in 2005-2010
- A consultant in the Department of Planning and Development for a group of holding companies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 2010-2019
- Member of the Competitions Committee of the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) 2014-2019
- President of the Lebanese Basketball Federation 2013-2016
Honorary president of Byblos Sports Club, Jbeil in 2012
- President and founder of Leo Phoenix Jbeil Club in 1992
Yusef al-Khalil -Finance (Shiites)
- President of the Association of Microfinance Institutions in Lebanon
- President of the Association for Development of Rural Capabilities
- Director of the Financial Operations Department at the Central Bank of Lebanon
He holds a PhD in economics from the Center for Studies and Research on International Development (CERDI) at Clermont Ferrand University in France.
- Master’s degree in economic development from the University of Sussex in Britain
- Bachelor’s degree in economics from the American University of Beirut. And his academic career began in 1989
- An active member of a number of non-governmental organizations operating in Lebanon and abroad, such as the Social Movement and the European Arab Network for Development and Integration (READI). He also chairs the Association for Education for Lebanon (TFL), the Association of Microfinance Institutions (LMFA) and the Lebanese Federation for Jiujitsu Jujitsu.
Judge Ziyad Abu Haidar – Interior and Municipalities (Greek Orthodox)
- Ziad Abu Haider, born on February 28, 1962, from Baalbek.
- Holder of a law degree from Saint Joseph University in Beirut in 1983.
- Holds the position of Attorney General of Appeals in Beirut from 2014 to date.
His previous tasks:
- An appeals lawyer in the Bekaa from 2009 to 2014.
- A single civilian judge in Baalbek from 1996 until 2009.
- A genuine judge pursuant to Decree No. 9573/1996 of December 12, 1996.
- Attorney at Law from 1985 until 1996.
Chairman of the Committee to Address the Issue of the Lebanese Detained in Syria According to the Decree issued by the Presidency of the Council of Ministers No. 42/2018 on April 24, 2018.
Participation in conferences:
- Participated in a training judicial mission to the United States of America on the subject of organizing prisons and rehabilitating convicts in 2012.