SAWT BEIRUT INTERNATIONAL

| 1 October 2022, Saturday |

“We have no other option than live learning,” says Lebanese Minister of Education

Minister of Education Abbas Al Halabi said in a press conference that “measures for a safe return to schools” had been taken, and that “we have established an operations room that manages COVID-19 affairs, with follow-up through the Red Cross,” stressing that any classroom where an infection appears will be closed.

“We have no other option than live learning, and we must fight for the future of education,” he said. “We are now focusing on opening schools and other educational institutions.”

“The virus has spread throughout the holiday,” he said, “and we must be cautious to make the school a place of discipline and minimize the epidemic’s spread via our awareness, thereby saving our generations.”

“The Ministry of Education will publicize the number of confirmed cases in each school and governorate,” he added. “We have put in place a framework to finish the distribution process, and we will coordinate with the Ministry of Health to launch the campaign through mobile clinics.”

    Source:
  • Sawt Beirut International