The Saudi-led coalition in Yemen gave the Iran-aligned Houthis a three-hour deadline on Saturday to withdraw weapons from Sanaa’s airport and two Red Sea ports, according to Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya TV.
Retaining weapons at Yemen’s airport and the ports of Hodeidah and Saleef would “end their status” as safe zones not subject to coalition air strikes, it said, without specifying when the deadline would expire.
The coalition said earlier on Saturday it was carrying out air strikes on Sanaa and Hodeidah in reaction to Houthi attacks on Saudi oil facilities.
The coalition intervened in Yemen in March 2015 after the Houthis ousted the Saudi-backed government in late 2014.
The conflict, widely seen as a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, has killed tens of thousands of people and pushed Yemen to the brink of famine.