SAWT BEIRUT INTERNATIONAL

| 26 October 2021, Tuesday |

UK Police: no further action over Prince Andrew, Epstein allegations

Following a review of information linked to sex crime claims against Queen Elizabeth’s son, Prince Andrew, and the late American businessman Jeffrey Epstein, British police said on Monday that they will take no further action.

After Virginia Giuffre filed a U.S. lawsuit accusing the prince of sexual assault, London’s police chief, Cressida Dick, stated in August that officers would look into the allegations for a third time but would not open an investigation.

“No one is above the law,” she had remarked at the time.

“As part of a U.S. civil action, MPS (Metropolitan Police Service) officers analyzed a document produced in August 2021,” the police said in a statement on Monday. “This investigation is complete, and we will take no further action.”

Giuffre, 38, claims Andrew forced her to have sex when she was underage at the London house of Epstein’s longstanding associate Ghislaine Maxwell in her legal action.

Andrew, 61, allegedly molested her at Epstein’s Manhattan mansion and on Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands, according to her.

The British royal, the ninth in line to the throne, has always denied those allegations or having any relationship with Giuffre.

He was forced to step down from royal duties over his friendship with Epstein, who committed suicide in a Manhattan jail cell in 2019 while being held on sex-trafficking charges.

The Sunday Times had reported this week that London police had spoken to Giuffre regarding her allegations.

“The Metropolitan Police Service continues to liaise with other law enforcement agencies who lead the investigation into matters related to Jeffrey Epstein,” the police said in their statement.

Last week, lawyers for Andrew, the queen’s second son, were given permission to examine a confidential 2009 agreement between Epstein and Giuffre which they hope will absolve him from all liability in the case.