World leaders and ministers have released comments denouncing the Houthi attack on Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, which was supported by Iran.
On Monday, a suspected drone assault conducted by Yemen’s Houthi militia resulted in a fire and explosion, killing three individuals and injuring six more.
According to UAE official media WAM, US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan issued a strong condemnation of the event on Tuesday.
“Our commitment to the UAE’s security is steadfast, and we stand beside our Emirati allies in the face of all threats to their territory.”
Secretary of State Antony Blinken talked with Emirati Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan late Monday, expressing support and sorrow for the loss of life.
The infringement by the Houthis was also criticized by Saudi Arabia.
“The Kingdom expresses its unwavering support for the fraternal United Arab Emirates in the face of any threats to its security and stability.” The Kingdom also emphasizes that “this terrorist act, which is behind the evil forces of the Houthi terrorist militia, reaffirms the seriousness of this terrorist group and its threat to security, peace, and stability in the region and around the world,” according to a statement from the Saudi Foreign Ministry.
Separately, the foreign ministries of the United Kingdom and France condemned the UAE strike.
Liz Truss, the UK Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Affairs, condemned the incidents on Twitter.
Meanwhile, in a statement broadcast on WAM, French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian voiced “support for the UAE in the face of these atrocities.”
Other regional presidents and foreign ministers expressed solidarity with the Emiratis and shared their worries.
Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Morocco, Mauritania, and Qatar all expressed harsh condemnations of the attack.
FM in the UAE Sheikh Abdullah and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is also the Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, received calls from regional leaders and ministers.
The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi met with the Kings of Jordan and Morocco. Morocco’s King Mohammed VI declared his country’s “constant support for the UAE in the face of any threats to its security,” while Jordan’s King Abdullah II bin al-Hussein stated that the “security of the UAE is part of Jordan’s security,” both of which condemned the occurrence.
Kuwait’s Foreign Minister called the UAE Foreign Minister. Sheikh Dr. Ahmed Nasser al-Mohammed al-Sabah, Egypt’s FM Sameh Shoukr, Bahrain’s FM Dr. Abdullatif bin Rashid al-Zayani, Morocco’s FM Nasser Bourita, and Jordan’s FM Ayman al-Safadi were all there.
The ministers, according to WAM, stood in solidarity with the UAE “in whatever steps it is taking against threats to its security.” The dead also received condolences.
During a phone discussion with the UAE’s Deputy Prime Minister, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is also the Minister of Presidential Affairs, Sudan’s Sovereign Transitional Council’s Deputy Chairman, General Mohammed Hamdan Daglo, he condemned the attack.
According to official news agency WAM, Abu Dhabi police said earlier on Monday that a fire that broke out that morning in the Musaffah ICAD 3 region, near the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), and resulted in the explosion of three petroleum tankers, had been brought under control.
“The event resulted in the deaths of one Pakistani and two Indians, as well as the injuries of six other individuals,” it added. “The incident has being investigated by the appropriate authorities,” police said.
Another little fire broke out at the new Abu Dhabi International Airport construction site, but it was quickly extinguished with no injuries.
Yemen’s Houthi group claimed credit for the strike, saying it was carried out “deep in the UAE.”
According to Abu Dhabi authorities, early evidence suggested that two drones were the likely cause of the two fires, and that investigations were underway.